Duck Hunting Forum banner

Pulled Duck

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  duckschooler 
#1 ·
First time in this part of the forum. I made some pulled duck in the crockpot and it was really pretty good, thought I'd share my experience.

I first filled my crockpot with washed then patted dry duck breasts. I filled my crockpot roughly halfway with duck breasts then covered them with a box of beef broth I guess you could use whatever but I had it handy.

I cooked my duck for what seemed like a lifetime probably 4-5 hours on high stirring whenever I felt the urge. After I felt they were good and cooked thoroughly (good leading indicator is they are already begginning to shred in the cooker) I took the liner out of the crock pot and ran the ducks through the strainer and let them sit for a few minutes to cool off before I shredded them.

I shredded my duck carefully looking for shot. I then returned them to the cooker and put a bottle of bbq sauce in over them I used enough to cover them easily and a little more to be safe. I then set my cooker for another 2 hours on low stirring when I felt the urge.

My pulled duck turned out pretty good its definetly not pulled pork by any means but another recipie to try when you have an ungodly amount of birds in the freezer and duck stew, fried duck, grilled duck and duck fajitas get boring.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.