Duck Sauce????

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Duck Sauce????

Postby Pavel » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:39 pm

I was going to try and cut up some duck breasts into cubes, and then flour them up and throw em in the deep fryer. Just wondering what type of sauces I should get to try for dipping?
Any help would be great.
Pavel
hunter

Re: Duck Sauce????

Postby tenfingergrip » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:24 pm

Here's one I always use with my jalepeno/cream cheese stuffed and grilled duckbreasts that I slice up and serve as hors d'ouvres. Real easy and think it would be good as dipping sauce for deep fried cubes.

1 cup tomato catsup
1/2 cup maple syrup (I prefer Mrs Butterworth's)
1 1/2 Tblsps apple cider vinegar
1 tspn crushed red peppers (more if you like it hot)

Bring all ingredients to boil, stirring constantly, remove from heat. Let sit for 3 minutes. Place back on stove and bring to boil second time. Remove from heat and let sit for 3 minutes. Serve hot or cold as dipping sauce. Great on pork as well.

I also enjoy a mayo/mustard sauce for dipping duck as well. I usually add some Texas Pete or Frank's pepper sauce for a little bite!

Enjoy
tenfingergrip
hunter

Re: Duck Sauce????

Postby aggiechiro » Mon May 02, 2011 9:27 pm

ranch is the best dipping sauce for fried foods.

strips work better than cubes for frying(surface area).

if you don't like ranch a 3:2 mix of creame fraiche and chinese mustard makes a really good sauce.
Gig 'em!
aggiechiro
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking