Whole Goose?

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Whole Goose?

Postby mallardhunter » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:04 pm

Does anyone have any recipes on how I should cook the goose I skinned it.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:44 pm

Anything soaked in Dale's is good. Or stuff em into a crock pot with a stick of butter, salt, pepper and one cup of White Zenfandel (spelling) wine. Cook until meat falls from bone. Serve over broad egg noodles and spoon some of that juice over em...DANG, IM GETTIN HUNGRY! What time is dinner? Y'all have nice day! :salude:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

naked goose

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:59 pm

Wrap it in bacon and pin with tooth picks. After seasoning of choice, of course. Roaster bag in the oven should help not to dry out too much. Put some extra water in the bag, but only a little. It will self baste.

Drink beer while its cooking, lest is burn. :salude: secret to German cooking. :mrgreen:
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby MacAttack » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:48 pm

I cooked one like a turkey. I just put chicken broth and white wine for the basting sauce. I put carrots and onions and other various vegies (or apples works good too). I can't remember how long it took but you should bast it every 20 min. or so. If you skinned it, put cheese cloth over it and that acts like a skin, doesn't let the moisture out. Season to your liking. You will know when it is done when you take the temp or stap it and no blood comes out. Have any questions feel free to ask.
MacAttack
hunter

Re: Whole Goose?

Postby dbrown57 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:54 pm

For a future reference whole goose is a darn good way to fix em up, I know its a pain in the butt however its like thanksgiving turkey kind good. If you want to try a whole goose them I really suggest plucking the bird because it seals in the juice and flavor just like a thanksgiving bird, plus you don't have to use a pound of bacon to wrap it with. Id soak the bird in salt water over night and when ready to grill I use rosemary(hand crushed) and olive oil in a pan, get it up to a simmer for maybe 10 min( very low simmer being careful not to burn the oil then add equal parts worshtishire sauce. Wisk then baste the bird. On the grill use hickory wood chips and lump charcoal. Once on the hot smoky grill continue to baste the bird on both sides. Add salt and pepper with some cayenne or chill powder for some spice. A great recipe that works for absolutely any wild birds and even rabbit and squirrel. bacon is always a treat if added but not necessary if the bird has skin on.
PRO STAFF FOR CRITTER DONE GAME CALLS
dbrown57
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking