Yeah I know some of you LA folk will differ at first but I think I can change your mind.
Skill Level: Easy
However much of a meat(s) you want of your choice (sausage, chicken, shrimp,....). I use both sausage and shrimp.
1 lb. white rice
28 oz. crushed red tomatoes
1/2 white onion
Chicken broth (enough to cook whole pot in)
Favorite Hunting/Fishing show
1. In a big pot put the whole bag of rice in it and add enough oil so that all the rice is lightly coated and won't get burned. While stirring constantly cook this on medium until the rice turns just a little brown.
2. Chop up the onion and add to rice to cook for a few minutes.
3. Once the rice is brown add the broth in same amount as you would need to cook the whole pot if you were using water. DO NOT add any water.
4. Add can of crushed tomatoes.
5. Add as much meat as you desire. The more the better!
6. Add Tony's to desired spiciness level.
7. Cook covered on low between 25-30 minutes.
8. "Tie one on" with aforementioned beer
9. Watch said tv show.
10. When time is up you'll need to stir a few few times to absorb the left over liquid before serving.