Jerky (goose) ???

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Jerky (goose) ???

Postby PeTeR » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:43 am

Guys,

Do you have a good recipe on how to make a goose jerky???

I'm looking for one that you grind the meat and mix with pork... then dry it or smoke it.

please help
PeTeR
Newb

Postby Hooked_On_Ducks » Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:09 am

You know my Dad was a meat cutter for 30 years and when I got my first goose we breasted it out and made jerkey. We didnt add anything to it just sliced it thin, bought some of that pre-made seasoning and slow cooked it in the oven with real low heat for about 12 hours. It was quite good.
Hooked_On_Ducks
hunter

Postby newbiewaterfowler » Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:56 pm

I just made some this weekend,for 3 full breasts 1 1/2 cup of apple juice,1 cup soy sauce,1 cup yoshidas gourmet sauce,if you like it salty add salt to taste,if you like it sweet add 2 1/2 gups of light brown sugar,garlic salt,pepper to taste.When you smoke it use a fruit wood,I use apple chips.When its done I have to hide it from the family just so I can get some.Oh and when its in the brine I let it soak over night in a gallon ziplock bag turning it often.
newbiewaterfowler
hunter

Postby e'villeduck » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:23 am

Thats all I've been making this year. Buddies love it. I've been grinding up all my ducks/geese. Mix with Jerky mix. Add whatever you like. We like our jerky alittle spicy. Ground/crushed red peppers, black pepper, liquid smoke, soy sauce, and your favorite hot sauce. You can find lots of jerky recipes on the internet. Shoot in through a jerky gun and use a dehydrator for about 8 hours.
Time is of the essence, don't waste it.
e'villeduck
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking