Diablo Geese...

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Diablo Geese...

Postby Blackfoot down » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:51 am

Caution... Not for the weak. This one is spicy!!!!!

Soak, soak, and then soak some more. Most people think goose is too gamy because they do not thoroughly soak the bload out. I squeeze, rinse, soak the breast until I get clean water. Then cut strips about 1.5 inches wide across then width of the breast.

Marinate in the following...
1 tsp olive oil
2 tsp Weber Kickin Chicken (most Wal Mart's carry)
1/4 tsp chipolte powder
1/4 tsp paprika
3/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp McCormick Rotisery Chicken
1/4 tsp chili powder
2 tbs KC Masterpiece Spicy Mango Marinade
1 tbs lime juice
1 tsp Cholula hot sauce
1 tbs Mango/Guava Magic (I found this at a fancy food store) Any Mango season should do okay.

Tenderize the goose breast on both sides. I have a sixteen blade tenderizer I bought at Bass Pro. I saw something very similar in Wal Mart for about ten bucks...

After tenderizing, marinate the goose for at least half and hour in the fridge. Fire up the grill to a medium heat. I try for around 350. Grill the goose unit medium rare to medium. Do not overcook or the goose will be tough. While grilling, continue to baste with left over marinade.

Serve with Zataran's Carribean rice.

This receipe is spicy with a Cuban/Carribean flare. This ain't your Daddy's goose. This is goose on the wild side!!!!!!
Blackfoot down
Marshfield, MO
Blackfoot down
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking