Whats your best jerky recipe

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Whats your best jerky recipe

Postby Jones co Ducker » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:31 pm

Mine is never the same twice because I grab a bunch of stuff out of the cabinets and throw it together. Always great but can never be copied
WTN10 wrote:Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?

jehler wrote: Beginning of the season cyber scouters, whiney teenage drama queens and zombie trolls take their toll.
Jones co Ducker
hunter

Re: Whats your best jerky recipe

Postby huntnteen » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:40 pm

If you have a dehydrator this is easy, if not you can make it in your oven.

first off breast the birds, and soak the meat in salt water overnight, then slice them about 1/4" to 1/6" thick and put them in whatever marinade you want to use (I use terryaki) and let it soak for an hour, and then put them on your sheet for drying them and it is okay to let them touch, just not overlap. Stick them in the dehydrator at 175 F for 8-12 hours, depending on how crounchy you want it. You can put them in the oven at the same temp, you just may need to turn them.

Another recipe i do is instead of terryaki i lather them in bbq sauce, and then stick them in the dehydrator, this carmalizes the sauce and it tastes like candy. Also have recently started putting a little liquid smoke in with the marinade.

I find it best to dehydrate them all night, make it before i goto bed, and wake up to eat it on my way to school/work/hunt
huntnteen
hunter

Postby Jones co Ducker » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:30 am

I guess noone has jerky recipes
WTN10 wrote:Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?

jehler wrote: Beginning of the season cyber scouters, whiney teenage drama queens and zombie trolls take their toll.
Jones co Ducker
hunter

Postby huntnteen » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:00 am

Try mine its cheap, easy, and customizable and in my experience always a hit. It is even some of my friend's favorite food
huntnteen
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking