Duck Hunting Forum banner

Jalepano Bacon Duck wraps

6K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  RiverRat21187 
#1 ·
Just made about 100 Italian dressing marinated mallard breast chunks, wrapped around jalepeno's stuffed with cream cheese and all wrapped in bacon. Threw on the grill for about 15-20 minutes for a football party and everybody loved them. Has anyone ever tried the recipe with a substitute for the jalepeno and cream cheese, Maybe pineapple or apple chunks. Just looking for a variation for people who dont like spice. Thanks

#6 ·
i do a the same but with a marinade of honey terriyaki, put a small piece of sharp cheese in the middle, this is our football sunday go-too, my wife loves em, little girl will eat them too. of course they are wrapped in bacon, done on the grill just until the bacon is done. very important not to overcook as that will ruin the duck. this is an easy marinade that is store bought--i have a buddy who likes his steaks well done and he even likes them.

#7 ·
similar recipe:
-equal parts dales/worstershire/molasses for marinade
-pineapple rings
-freshly sliced jalepenos
-bacon
-1 or 2 duck breasts for each person

pineapple ring goes on top of breast, fill hole w/jalepenos, wrap w/bacon, grill/smoke to med-rare and serve w/bacon on or remove and save for breakfast (produces a lot of extra bacon).

#8 ·
I marinated my wood ducks in spicy mango which is not that spicy( can find it on the dressing row) for a day or two the butterflied the breast and stuffed with cream cheese a jalepano ring and a sliver of red pepper and wrapped in hormel black label bacon and grilled for 15 mins rotating every 5 minutes! first time ever cooking or eating duck and my whole family was amazed at how good it was! I think the key to good duck it preparation and time on the marinating! my fiance love them so much she is acually wanting my to go duck hunt again :grooving: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

#9 ·
I have done poppers almost exactly like the ones you did, and I also do kabobs w/ pineapple and other chunks of veggies. But first I marinated the duck in worchestshire* ,soy sauce, brown sugar, the juice from the pineapple and a couple drops of liquid smoke.... I think it would be amazing to combine the 2 recipes... Jalapeno Bacon wrapped duck kabobs!!

#10 ·
Another great marinade to try while making duck poppers is caribean jerk. I pound out the breasts with a meat mallet before marinating. Then spread cream cheese, add pineapple, and jalepeno and roll it. wrap in bacon and secure with toothpicks. I prefer to broil mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.