Depends on how fatty it is. If it has a lot of fat, like many of the ducks around California's Central Valley do, then you're in for a treat. If it is not, then you'll need to cut strips of bacon to cover the breast while roasting.
Either way, try this:
1. Brine goose in a kettle for 24 hours. Basically dunk it in salty water (should taste like seawater) and keep it cold.
2. Pat dry, and stuff VERY LOOSELY inside with a lemon cut in half, wedges of onion and herbs (parsley, rosemary, etc)
3. paint outside with Worchestershire sauce, soy sauce, Thai fish sauce, or tabasco (if you like it hot) [IF IT'S NOT FATTY, NOW IS THE TIME FOR THE BACON]
4. Salt & pepper it.
5. Put on a roasting pan on a rack (or on stalks of celery) in a REALLY HOT oven, like 450-500 degrees. Roast for 25 minutes. (30 minutes if its a big Canada)
****WATCH IT. IF THE BIRD BURNS OR THE BACON BURNS, TAKE IT OUT.****
6. Take bird out and cover with foil for 10-15 minutes.
Eat it up! :salude:
I love all of God's creatures, properly prepared.