Duck Soup!

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Duck Soup!

Postby barryboy08 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:07 pm

So today we were lucky enough to harvest a few really nice mallards and I thought we would try to make a little something with the fresh breast. We let the 6 breasts sit in Italian dressing for 6 hours then I took a Can Cooker and put into it 8 Large potatos, ten carrots one can of corn, half an onion, one beer one cup of water, chicken broth and the breasts and chopped up. I then added in a secret blend of spices and let it steam for an hour. Once it cooled I was enjoying the best duck soup ever. The meat was so tender and delicious it was unbelievable!
Happy Hunting!
barryboy08
hunter

Re: Duck Soup!

Postby BrookeTheHunter » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:49 pm

I realize that I'm on here a lil' late (I found these thread via StumbleUpon), but I found the concept of "Duck Soup" to be really interesting. Never would have thought about putting it into a soup -- it SEEMS obvious, but the duck my grandpa always hunted was made into a roast. We're have to chit-chat a lil' more about that recipe. . .or perhaps some tips if you're secretive. . . which I TOTALLY understand. ;)

Anyway, I'm super glad to be on here. Hope to meet everyone on here soon. :D
Last edited by BrookeTheHunter on Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brooke The (newbie) Hunter
BrookeTheHunter
Newb

Postby Nick Roehl » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:42 pm

Sounds delicious and something I will try, thanks! :beer:
Everything I say is so damn good you need to quote it for your signature.

https://www.facebook.com/FlywayMedia
Please Like It! :-)
Nick Roehl
hunter

Postby barryboy08 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:16 am

I think any water will work really most of the cloudiness will disappear when you boil it. but yeah i can hook you up with some recipes or something if you want just let me know I ll be glad to help
Happy Hunting!
barryboy08
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking