Cooking Swan

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Cooking Swan

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:53 am

i killed me another swan this year but in the past i've always jerkied them all. does anyone have any ideas of how to cook or roast it? i'm thinking along the lines of a christmas goose or a turkey dinner but with a swan. anyone have any expaeience or advice??
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Re: Cooking Swan

Postby circustrail » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:27 pm

haven't heard that it is eaten at all
circustrail
hunter

Postby Tiburon5 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:37 pm

Bake the breasts... dip in your favorite steak sauce or put it in sandwiches. It is what we do with ours and it is ok, but not mind-blowing by any means.

Weren’t you trying to get one with a collar... how did that go???
Salad... it's what food eats.
Tiburon5
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:20 am

i was aiming for one with a collar. we saw one fly over with a blue collar on it but we were on the road. having so many huge birds fly so low and where i don't have much time to hunt, i picked the biggest one in a low flock and dumped it. it worked out for me because the next weekend everything froze over.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby petrel » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:24 am

Cook it like pot roast in a crockpot
petrel
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking