duck jerkey

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

duck jerkey

Postby alanwebfoot » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:31 am

I know it's been adressed before ,,but just wanted to let you know I tried it and it was so easy. ! woodduck breast sliced with the grain [still not too tough] marinated with Italian dressing for about 2 to 3 hours laid on a rack in a roaster ,smoker set on 180 for 45 minutes.It was WELL done not too dried out and very tasty.Next time I'm gonna' try brown sugar and hot pepper.
alanwebfoot
hunter

Re: duck jerkey

Postby Jones co Ducker » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:00 pm

alanwebfoot wrote:I know it's been adressed before ,,but just wanted to let you know I tried it and it was so easy. ! woodduck breast sliced with the grain [still not too tough] marinated with Italian dressing for about 2 to 3 hours laid on a rack in a roaster ,smoker set on 180 for 45 minutes.It was WELL done not too dried out and very tasty.Next time I'm gonna' try brown sugar and hot pepper.

Only 45 min?
WTN10 wrote:Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?

jehler wrote: Beginning of the season cyber scouters, whiney teenage drama queens and zombie trolls take their toll.
Jones co Ducker
hunter

Re: duck jerkey

Postby alanwebfoot » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:09 pm

yes if I had left it in longer there would be nothing left .Today I triedsome more ,a LOT biggere batch sliced a little thicker too. Hours later it turned out the same .The first batch was a trial run 1 woody breast ,today it was 4 mallards. I soaked it overnight in vinegar then seasond with sugar and cracked pepper
alanwebfoot
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking