Baked Teal Brest with Bacon

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Baked Teal Brest with Bacon

Postby barryboy08 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:28 am

What You Need to feed four
-1 13x9x2 pan
-16 Teal Breast or 8 large duck breast cut in half
-3 eggs
-Bread crumbs
-Spice you like
-1/2 stick butter
-1/3 cup veg. oil
-1 pack bacon
-tooth picks
-Aluminum

You first preheat your oven to 375 F. Next you mix up you breading and your spices in a bowl. In another bowl mix up your eggs. now you can wrap each peice of duck breast up with one peice of bacon locking the bacon on it with a tooth pick. once you have all of the duck wrapped in bacon dip them into the wisked eggs. once the full breast and bacon is cover place it into your breading (be sure to get a nice even coating). After thats done place the Breast into the pan with the butter and oil in the bottom of the pan to keep the duck from sticking as well as add flavor. cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes. Next remove the foil and increase the temperature to 400 F. Leave the pan in for another 20-25 min. This will give the breading some nice crispy texture. Fianlly just let it cool and enjoy! If you try it out and like it let me know or let me know if you didn't like it.
Happy Hunting!
barryboy08
hunter

Re: Baked Teal Brest with Bacon

Postby quacked_out » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:39 pm

question why would you waste 16 twal breast on one meal???? you must eat your duck like a few times of year or kill your limit ever day of the t]year. smh. :clapping:
quacked_out
hunter

Postby barryboy08 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:47 pm

Well i eat waterfowl at least once a week until im out, usually around june or so. But im also lucky and have four room mates who all also hunt waterfowl as much as i do. Hence the reason i use the 16 breasts from 8 teal to feed us all. Did you try it out, if so did you like it?
Happy Hunting!
barryboy08
hunter

Postby Coleman24 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:09 pm

Yeah quacked out, we usually use the 8 large duck breasts, but 16 teal when we got them, we also cook it many ways... I am one of barryboys room mates, and I would say we do very well everyday we get out, so I mean we are eating a lot of duck when we have 5 total room mates in our apartment who avidly hunt waterfowl.

In fact we are having bacon wrapped teal breast tonight :grooving:
Coleman24
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:22 pm

quacked_out wrote:question why would you waste 16 twal breast on one meal???? you must eat your duck like a few times of year or kill your limit ever day of the t]year. smh. :clapping:

I actually try to keep teal in the same bag so I can be surprised when I open it. But then again I have a large amount in my freezer.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby barryboy08 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:52 pm

ByersFarm wrote:
quacked_out wrote:question why would you waste 16 twal breast on one meal???? you must eat your duck like a few times of year or kill your limit ever day of the t]year. smh. :clapping:

I actually try to keep teal in the same bag so I can be surprised when I open it. But then again I have a large amount in my freezer.

I here you on that one same with our mallard tenderloins.
Happy Hunting!
barryboy08
hunter

Postby Tcjfowler » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:49 pm

Ive always grilled duck/goose, how does the taste compare to a baking or roasting ducks?
Wack em and stack em
Tcjfowler
hunter

Postby barryboy08 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:29 pm

I have only grilled a few ducks/geese in my time but I found that it tends to dry the meat out alot more. im sure if it is done properly it can be good but i perfer frying baking and roasting ducks. but if you have any suggestions to improve my grilling im very open to suggestions
Happy Hunting!
barryboy08
hunter

Postby Tcjfowler » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:53 am

barryboy08 wrote:I have only grilled a few ducks/geese in my time but I found that it tends to dry the meat out alot more. im sure if it is done properly it can be good but i perfer frying baking and roasting ducks. but if you have any suggestions to improve my grilling im very open to suggestions

Thanks il have to try that.
Wack em and stack em
Tcjfowler
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking