Teal Recipe

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Teal Recipe

Postby Omaha Clucker » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:54 am

I think it was Waterfowler's recipe but I can't find the original thread now. I had a couple of Canada goose breasts that I cut into fist sized chunks rather than the whole teal it called for and it came out great. Less than 20 min to prep, house smelled fantastic, and 4 friends that had never tried goose were asking if I had more in the freezer to make again. Here's my version
2 large goose breasts(I soaked in salt water 2.5 days first, changing the water 3 times)
1 medium onion, chopped in quarters
2 bell peppers, sliced. I had 1 green and 1 yellow on hand
4 All beef smoked sausage, sliced 1/4" pieces
Cajun seasoning(recipe called for Tony's, I just had some generic stuff at the house)
Maple Syrup
Coke
Everything goes into a pot with enough Coke to reach the top of the ingreidients, drizzle syrup over the whole thing and cover. Into a 300 degree over for 3.5 hours. Laddle over rice.

I saved all the drippings and the next morning I reheated and reduced with a little flour and dumped that sauce over scambled eggs for another great meal out of the same pot.

I hope I'm giving credit to the right person, thanks to whoever posted as this recipe was awesome!
Omaha Clucker
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking