White Perch?

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

White Perch?

Postby wvugunner92 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:00 pm

I plan on bailing the perch into the boat here in a few days, do any of you guys have any good recipes?

Thanks
Lock em nd Drop em
wvugunner92
hunter

Re: White Perch?

Postby flight control » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:18 pm

I usualy fillet and fry but would be interested in trying something new as well
When I die I hope its in a duck blind, that, or shot in the back climbing out of a jealous mans bedroom window.

Team wrecked 'em
Tim Hortons pro staff
flight control
hunter

Re: White Perch?

Postby dudejcb » Mon May 07, 2012 9:40 pm

Soft Fish Tacos: Cut into pieces and saute with butter, cilantro, green onions, slivered celery, garlic salt pepper. Add hot sauce to tartar sauce and mix lightly with shredded cabbage, then smooth some onto your tortilla. Fill tortilla with fish, diced tomatoes and cabbage. HMMMM. Nice change up to deep fried fish.

Deep Fry Batter: 1 cup flour, 1 cup corn starch, tablespoon baking power, tablespoon dill, salt, white pepper, some cayenne. Mix dry and then add about a cup of beer (or water) till it's the consistency of pancake batter. Dip filets , drip off excess and place into 360 degree fryer with canola or peanut oil for three minutes or less depending on filet thickness.

Just whipped up a big batch of yellow perch and crappies both ways over the last two weekends. Yum...
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

White Perch?

Postby bayouboy » Fri May 18, 2012 7:01 pm

Fry, some times sauté, black them a little.
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

“I have no reason to fear the hat. I put it on my head everyday.” Coach Les Miles
bayouboy
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking