Recipes needed for a good cause!!!

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Postby Kootkommander » Fri May 11, 2012 10:29 pm

I am trying to put together a cook book for Seasons of Hope.

Seasons of Hope is a 501(c)(3) not for profit organization offering positive outdoor experiences related to hunting, fishing, camping, and many other activities for the terminally ill and physically challenged. Members of the Armed Forces injured in the line of duty are also served through the program. Seasons of Hope’s mission is to provide an outlet for individuals to experience God’s wonderful creation in a positive rehabilitative environment.

Seasons of Hope is based in North West Florida, but provides these services to people all over the United States.

Please check out our website www.seasonsofhopeinc.org

After being lucky enough to win a hunt with them and get to know these guys I have become very passionate about helping them do what they do.

We are going to be publishing a cook book to sell to generate funding to give these kids and servicemen and outdoor experience that will last a lifetime. The books will be forsale after we have enough recipes to fill the book and are accepting preorders for a discounted of $10 +$2 shipping price now or $12 +2 shipping after they arrive.

What I am asking from you forum members is to either give me permission to use your recipes already posted, post your recipes in this thread, email them to me at sohcookbook@gmail.com or enter them directly by using the link and login info below. Be sure you give your name if you would like recognition in the book.

http://www.typensave.com/get-started/

Login: SOH
Password: turkey

This cook book will be geared toward wild game (Deer, Turkey, Duck, Hog, Fish, Shrimp) basically anything you eat thats not bought from a store, but we will also include other recipes.

Thank you for your consideration.

Kyle Burns
Kootkommander
hunter

Re: Recipes needed for a good cause!!!

Postby duckblind1982 » Tue May 15, 2012 6:42 am

I like the pulled goose in the crock pot.. I'm sure a lot of you have tried it but this is a good way to get rid of some meat.
First I put the goose breast in the crock covered with water, apple cider, 1/2 pack of McCormick slow cooker spice pack and some brown sugar. I usually put that on for 8 hrs or until you are able to shred the meat. After the first 4-6 hrs I dump all the liquid out and and cover the meat back up with straight appple cider and the other have of hte spice pack. Once it is finished I dumb out the liquid shred the meat/return the meat to the crock and put my favorite bbq sauce and let it warm back up and serve over a toasted hoggie roll. The ladies I work with will never eat anything I bring in for our lunch in's.... so I told them it was pulled pork and they were licking the spoons :thumbsup:
duckblind1982
hunter

Postby Kootkommander » Wed May 16, 2012 1:08 am

Sounds awesome! Thank you very much!
Kootkommander
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Wed May 16, 2012 6:00 pm

Coot recipe: You know, select a fine board...

Seriously I'll share fried rabbit recipe.

Cut your rabbits each into 5 pieces. There should be one that's the back. (best part)
Put the pieces into a crock-pot with a can or two of beer and heat it on high until the meat is about to start falling off the bones. be careful you don't cook it too long. Keep an eye on it. Keep the lid on the pot as much as possible. Glass lid works good cuz you can see thru it.

Take the pieces out and roll them in flour, salt, and pepper mixture. Heck throw in some other spices if you like. I don't care. Now fry the pieces in oil until they are golden brown and serve.

It took me many years to find someone who could teach me how to make fried rabbit. I tried just frying them like a chicken and it's so tuff ewe'll brake yore teef. :yes:
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby Kootkommander » Thu May 17, 2012 12:45 am

Lol I'd have to be mighty hungry before I ate a Coot!

Thanks for the contribution!
Kootkommander
hunter

Postby don taylor » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:19 am

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=158650&hilit=duck+chili+recipe+don

Here's one of mine, I'm confident it's a winner. My name is the same, if you choose to use it.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby aunt betty » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:41 pm

I could tell you my wife's duck gumbo recipe but she'd divorce me when she read it in your book. Buy me a newer and younger wife and I'll sneak her cook book out.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby don taylor » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:07 pm

I never understood guarding a recipe, like you're wife plans on opening up a duck gumbo restaurant.

If my wife found out i could help a charity with something she came up with in the kitchen, and didn't, she wouldn't divorce me, but she'd wonder where in the hell my head was. Most people would be honored to have a recipe published.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Kootkommander » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:30 pm

Thanks Don! I will most certainly include it in the book!
Kootkommander
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:42 am

Another crock pot recipe:

Gunny's Pulled Goose

Buy 2 packets of Mccormick Au Jus gravy mix, 2 cans of mushrooms, banana peppers (pre-sliced) in a jar, 4 snow goose breasts (or 2 canada breasts) and your favorite Dijon mustard. Make the gravy, then mix the gravy and mustard into a crockpot. Add the goose meat and let cook 5 hrs on low, occasionaly pulling the meat apart with forks . Then add as many peppers as you would like (I use about 1/2 of the jar with 1/2 of the juice.if you dont like peppers, don't add them) and add the mushrooms. Cook another 2 hrs. Enjoy with your favorite moonshine and or barley pop. :beer:

We prefer to eat this on hogie buns, but it can also be put over rice. :thumbsup:
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking