Duck Hunting Forum banner

Duck Poppers

6K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  m.teeter 
#1 ·
This is a recipe i came up with that works great for parties, or as appetizers. The recipe can be altered however you like depending on what flavor you are going for. This is why it is so great, it can be altered however you like.

Ingredients:
2 duck breasts
6 jalapenos
1/2 box of cream cheese
1/2 lb. of bacon
(not positive on the quantities above, it does depend on your personal taste, may need more cheese, which then you can add more jalapenos and bacon, etc, experiment and go from there!)
(Better to have more duck and cheese mix because the extra you can make into a ball and then coat it with sliced almonds to make a cheese ball!)

I start with Jalapenos, slicing the stems off then slicing them in half the long way, then you make sure if you want them spicy you take most of the seeds out but leave some of the vein in the pepper, otherwise if you want it to be mild make sure you get all seeds out and make sure the vein is gone.

Then i take a few duck breasts, and season them to my liking, a lot of people here in WI don't like spicy, however I do, so i make the duck not spicy, and then leave some of the seeds and veins in the jalapenos for myself so a few have more kick. After they are seasoned, I either grill or pan fry the breasts, making sure not to over cook them. Then take one of the duck breasts, and chop it up (i use the slap chop) until it is finely chopped. Then i take the other breast and slice it into thin strips, just thin enough to fit inside the cavity of the jalapenos. Put the strips into the jalapenos and mix the finely chopped meat with some cream cheese, until it is mixed evenly. Put the cheese mix over the duck strip inside the jalapenos to your liking. All thats left to do is take some bacon (about a half strip per popper, again you can alter this to your liking, i try to get the bacon flavor but not too much, or it gets too greasy) and wrap the jalapenos, putting a toothpick through each one to hold it together, then put the poppers on a cookie sheet and throw it in the oven on "Hi" Broil. Make sure to leave the oven door open, and cook until the bacon is cooked, not too crispy, but make sure you don't under cook it at the same time unless you like slimy bacon. after they are done, let cool, then enjoy!

Compliments and Suggestions are all welcome. I am by no means a culinary artist, I just enjoy experimenting and have fun with cooking new recipes.

See less See more
#2 ·
That sounds great. Here in NC we do something similar except I've never had them with the duck breasts chopped I just cut them in fair size chunks. Then marinate in italian dressing then everything else is about the same as yours. I will have to try it your way next time. My little one will probably like them better that way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.