pulled duck or goose

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

pulled duck or goose

Postby ducksmoke » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:51 pm

I had some pulled goose the other day and was really good but didn't get chance to ask how the guy made it has anyone made it before i like trying new recipes on my wild game love shootin em and love eatin em to
ducksmoke
hunter

pulled duck or goose

Postby mox » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:34 pm

ducksmoke wrote:I had some pulled goose the other day and was really good but didn't get chance to ask how the guy made it has anyone made it before i like trying new recipes on my wild game love shootin em and love eatin em to

2 Canada breasts or 4 big mallard
2 bottles of your favorite BBQ sauce
Use 1st bottle to pour ober breasts.
Cover exposed breast with water.
Salt and pepper to taste if you want.
Place in slow cooker on low, 8 hrs.
Drain sauce, pull breasts & replace sauce with new bottle of sauce.
Mix well and keep warm.

Non-game eating ppl won't know it's wild game.
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

Re: pulled duck or goose

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:39 pm

I'm going to prepare this tonight and eat it tomorrow morning
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:02 am

Great post! I threw 2 goose breasts in the slow cooker with 1 1/2 bottles of sauce, low on 8 hours, and dumped a little more sauce after i took them out. It tasted just a little too plain for my taste so i spooned some sauce on the sandwiches I mad for taste. I'm doing this to duck to see if it's good or not. :thumbsup:
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby aboz » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:58 pm

Like stated above, good amount of time on low covered in sweet Baby rays, then pull it, and put it in there with a new bottle. And for those of you who like tobasco and other hot sauce add it in the second time once you've pulled it.
take em
aboz
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:40 pm

Goose sandwiches for lunch today.
Attachments
IMG_20121119_133557.jpg
JuniorPre 360
hunter

pulled duck or goose

Postby mox » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:37 pm

JuniorPre 360 wrote:Goose sandwiches for lunch today.

Yes!!!!
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

Postby MacAttack » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:15 pm

I made pulled goose one day for my parents about 4 years ago. My dad still talks about it and how good it was...Junior your making me hungry!
MacAttack
hunter

Postby duckblind1982 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:26 am

I've always used apple cider or some sort of juice for about 8hrs. Then I dump out the liquid and add your BBQ sauce and anything else you like (onion, garlic, hot sauce ect) heat it back up and sever.
duckblind1982
hunter

Postby agengo02 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:26 pm

This is pretty much exactly how I did pulled goose a couple years ago. I threw in a bottle of BBQ sauce, then filled the bottle up with water, shook it up to get the last remnants of sauce out and poured that over the top. Cooked it on low for about 8 hrs and it was awesome. I want to try with ducks, but I would think it would need less cooking time. Maybe like 6-7 hrs for big ducks and 4-5 for teal?
agengo02
hunter

Postby Fowl Intentions » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:09 pm

I fooled a few people when serving this dish. My girlfriend keeps calling it duck pulled pork. This is a very delicious meal!

cheers
erich
Fowl Intentions
hunter

Postby FFKiefer » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:54 pm

I did basically the same thing but I brined the breasts for 3 or 4 days first and marinated them for 24 hours. A little pepper jack cheese and they taste incredible. I normally can't stomach ducks but with this recipe even my wife eats them.
FFKiefer
Newb

Postby Dog Tired » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:43 pm

First time im doing goose myself here and can't believe how forgiving its been. Ran over the 8hrs on low recommendation by an hour. Turned out dry when removed from the first bottle of sauce but not terrible at all. Pulled apart very easily. Threw in with the second bottle and the liver taste you might get grilling it/over cooking completely disappears. Could be beef for all I know. Trying duck next.
Dog Tired
hunter

Postby DucknGoodTime » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:25 am

Just made some the other day that turned out awesome.
Put two 2 goose breasts and a piece of pork roast in a crock pot covered with coffee and slow cooked on medium for 4 hours, drained and shredded it all with a large fork. Came apart very easily. Put it back in the crock pot with a can of hot Rotell and a bottle of BBQ sauce and cooked on medium for 3 hours. Came out really nice.

Blessings,
Rick
Blessings,
Rick
DucknGoodTime
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking