Duck and Cranberry Pie

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Duck and Cranberry Pie

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:23 pm

This looks Awesome! I have some turkey legs and thighs I will be doing a Confit with. I think I found what I'm gonna do with them. :yes:
http://www.thewrightrecipes.com/savory/12-days-of-christmas-duck-and-cranberry-pie
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Re: Duck and Cranberry Pie

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:04 pm

Yum :clapping:

Why is it I am out of duck and goose 2 months after the season closes? I need to pace my game intake to maybe once or twice a week to enjoy all of your recipes throughout the year.
Eric Haynes
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:14 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:Yum :clapping:

Why is it I am out of duck and goose 2 months after the season closes? I need to pace my game intake to maybe once or twice a week to enjoy all of your recipes throughout the year.

you need to kill more ducks and geese!!!!! :yes:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:00 pm

Indaswamp wrote:

I don't know if I have the physical capacity to hold anymore...I just eat it way to often. Usually end up with around 200lbs(just a guess, 2 7cuft deep freezers packed) some goes to jerky, some to sausage, then the rest breasts/legs.
Eric Haynes
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:10 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

I don't know if I have the physical capacity to hold anymore...I just eat it way to often. Usually end up with around 200lbs(just a guess, 2 7cuft deep freezers packed) some goes to jerky, some to sausage, then the rest breasts/legs.

200lbs. is enough. make less jerky and sausage then.... :wink:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:22 pm

I feel as though the sausage and jerky hold me away from eating the good stuff as often.

Gonna be a little more organized this year when it comes to packing it away and utilizing it. I am gonna try canning all the geese that don't fit into the freezer.

Problem I have with eating it is when I have people over and 2am rolls around. First thing I go for is a few lbs of duck or goose and cook up some gourmet drunken cuisine for everyone.
Eric Haynes
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:29 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:I feel as though the sausage and jerky hold me away from eating the good stuff as often.

Gonna be a little more organized this year when it comes to packing it away and utilizing it. I am gonna try canning all the geese that don't fit into the freezer.

Problem I have with eating it is when I have people over and 2am rolls around. First thing I go for is a few lbs of duck or goose and cook up some gourmet drunken cuisine for everyone.

:lol3: feed 'em mergansers!!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:32 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:I feel as though the sausage and jerky hold me away from eating the good stuff as often.

We don't get them here. I've shot one in my lifetime and I have always wanted to shoot a nice drake common and hooded.

I do want to try them, cooked with nothing but a little olive oil, just to see what the true taste is.
Eric Haynes
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:36 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

We don't get them here. I've shot one in my lifetime and I have always wanted to shoot a nice drake common and hooded.

I do want to try them, cooked with nothing but a little olive oil, just to see what the true taste is.

we see a few common on the coast...but hooded-they are everywhere in the swamps.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Slack Tide » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:48 pm

Gross, next!
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:41 pm

Slack Tide wrote:Gross, next!

the duck and cranberry pie or the mergansers? :lol3:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking