Duck Hunting Forum banner

Beer battered duck nuggets...

4K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Indaswamp 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Never thought of deep frying duck, every New Years we do a fondue with filet, chicken, pork, shrimp and fish. Lots of sauces and batters. Gonna have to save some scoter breasts!

#4 ·
jehler said:
Never thought of deep frying duck, every New Years we do a fondue with filet, chicken, pork, shrimp and fish. Lots of sauces and batters. Gonna have to save some scoter breasts!
soak them in a salt water and baking soda solution for 24 hours before you marinate them... :thumbsup:

#5 ·
Indaswamp said:
jehler said:
soak them in a salt water and baking soda solution for 24 hours before you marinate them... :thumbsup:
What's that do to em swamp?

#7 ·
jehler said:
Indaswamp said:
jehler said:
What's that do to em swamp?
it pulls the fishy compounds out.....

#8 ·
Gotcha, scoter we shoot here got NO fishyness at all

#9 ·
when i breast out a bunch of birds i use those little strips on the inside part of the breast, i call em the tenderloins. save those, batter and fry em up

this reminds me, ever heard of chicken of the woods mushrooms? last week found some. marinated them in chicken jous then battered them and toss in buff sauce. boneless buff chicken(of the woods) wings!

Attachments

#10 ·
daffy... said:
when i breast out a bunch of birds i use those little strips on the inside part of the breast, i call em the tenderloins. save those, batter and fry em up

this reminds me, ever heard of chicken of the woods mushrooms? last week found some. marinated them in chicken jous then battered them and toss in buff sauce. boneless buff chicken(of the woods) wings!
:thumbsup: I love wild mushrooms!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.