Buffalo Duck Legs

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Buffalo Duck Legs

Postby MacAttack » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:48 pm

I did take this from The Sporting Chef, but it is too good not to post. I find that Mallard legs work the best! Perfect for Football Sunday or if you save them up all year, Superbowl.

Season legs with salt and pepper and place in a baking dish. Cover and cook for 1 hour at 425. Take out of oven and remove any liquid. add 2 cups of chicken broth and 2 tablespoons of red wine vineagar to the dish cover and return to oven for 1 more hour. Make sure there is always enough liquid to go about half way up the legs. Turn the legs every now and then so they cook evenly. Remove from the oven and the meat should pull away from the bone, but not fall off the bone. IF they aren't tender, put back in the oven until they are. When they are done, let sit for a couple minutes then in a bowl, mix them with your favorite Buffalo wing sauce.
MacAttack
hunter

Re: Buffalo Duck Legs

Postby mike cook » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:07 pm

Sounds like a great dish to try out this season! Thanks for the post.
"AMERICA FIRST" !
JOIN THE " NRA "
mike cook
hunter

Re: Buffalo Duck Legs

Postby flight control » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:43 am

Sounds like a good recipe. This year I have been saving the wings from the ducks I breast out. I cut the wing off at the first joint (the part I would call the elbow) then peel the skin off. I then run my knife along the back under what I imagine is the shoulder blade and cut the piece away from the body.

It doesn't take much time and I was surprised to see the amount of meat I had been throwing away. Now I have to find a recipe worthy of the wings that I have accumulated in my freezer.
When I die I hope its in a duck blind, that, or shot in the back climbing out of a jealous mans bedroom window.

Team wrecked 'em
Tim Hortons pro staff
flight control
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking