i need a duck reciepe

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

i need a duck reciepe

Postby renegadeduck » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:17 am

so I wanna cook some duck breasts for dinner one night problem is its in a college apartment. so i have like 8 breasts and an oven i need ideas. i was going to put them in a pan with potatoes n veggies. but dont know the process to cook them that way. how hot should i set the oven and should i preheat any of the ingredients before adding it to the pan.

Need help doing this for my gf
renegadeduck
hunter

Re: i need a duck reciepe

Postby tmclaimerFL » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:21 pm

Sear em on a skillet. I assume since you have a range that you have pots and pans correct? Dont over cook it especially if your woman is gonna eat it. If you ruin it her first time you will be the only one eating it from now on. I like mine rare to medium rare, to me medium is over cooked. You could also go to a grocery store or walmart and buy a one time charcoal bbq kit. Basically its a foil ban with a wire rack and you light your charcoal and cook, very simple. And its disposable because most of the guys will tell you grilling is the way to go. If you like the taste of duck you only need salt and pepper and my opinion if not try a marinade of your choice or brine for a few hours. Anyway you do it just dont overcook and you will be golden. Good luck! :thumbsup:
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby flight control » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:33 am

If you are going to be introducing people to ducks I would suggest the one use BBQ and go with the bacon wrapped, Italian dressing, jalepeno, cream cheese recipe that is all over this forum. Easy to make and I have yet to find anyone who refuses a second helping. I have made these in the oven but they don't taste the same as BBQ'd.
When I die I hope its in a duck blind, that, or shot in the back climbing out of a jealous mans bedroom window.

Team wrecked 'em
Tim Hortons pro staff
flight control
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:24 am

flight control wrote:If you are going to be introducing people to ducks I would suggest the one use BBQ and go with the bacon wrapped, Italian dressing, jalepeno, cream cheese recipe that is all over this forum. Easy to make and I have yet to find anyone who refuses a second helping. I have made these in the oven but they don't taste the same as BBQ'd.

X2 Agreed
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking