Crock Pot duck breasts

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Crock Pot duck breasts

Postby Get the green » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:01 am

I have some duck breasts in the fridge and I have run out of time to make them into a gumbo. What is a good slow cooker recipe where I can just throw everything in and forget it?
Get the green
hunter

Re: Crock Pot duck breasts

Postby duckblind1982 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:15 am

put meat in crock pot cover with apple cider or coke.. add your spices salt/pepper ect then cover. Once the meat is tender enough to just shred apart empty out liquid return the meat back to the crock pot and cover with your favorite bbq sauce. Heat it back up and sever over split rolls :thumbsup:
duckblind1982
hunter

Postby flight control » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:38 am

I do the same as above but use coffee instead of coke or vinegar
When I die I hope its in a duck blind, that, or shot in the back climbing out of a jealous mans bedroom window.

Team wrecked 'em
Tim Hortons pro staff
flight control
hunter

Postby apexhunter » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:36 pm

Same deal using red wine, rosemary, rough chopped garlic, a bit of cumin and a small bit of tomato paste. When halfway done stir in some baby portabellas and a half to full cup of rice depending upon how big of a pot you are cooking. When done open the crock stir everything up and let sit open on low for a few minutes & serve.

For a bit of a different taste take the raw rice & lightly toast 1/4 cup at a time in a nonstick skillet w/ butter before adding to the pot.
"Shoot low boys...they're riding shetland ponies in search of true grit" Lewis Grizzard
apexhunter
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking