Roasted goose vs pulled goose

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Roasted goose vs pulled goose

Postby Utter chaos » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:20 pm

Thinking about makin either a roasted goose or pulled goose apitizer size sandwiches for thanks giving anyone have input on wich is better an recipes an directions much apriciated
Utter chaos
hunter

Re: Roasted goose vs pulled goose

Postby flight control » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:14 am

I usually roast geese whole with salt, pepper, rosemary and onions. Cover with aluminum foil (not the cover for the roasting pan, in fact, throw that thing as far away as you can) and cook at 250 until desired doneness. I usually leave it in 5 to 6 hours. Cooking it breast down will keep the breast meat very moist. Also, this method will cause the goose to fall apart in the oven and is not ideal for presentation (we don't care as long as it tastes good)but would be great for sandwiches.

For pulled goose, I place the breasts in my slow cooker with onion and season with salt and pepper. Then half cover with coffee and the rest of the way with water. Cook, drain meat, remove onions, shred meat with fork and stir in desired amount of whatever bbq sauce you like.

Good luck
When I die I hope its in a duck blind, that, or shot in the back climbing out of a jealous mans bedroom window.

Team wrecked 'em
Tim Hortons pro staff
flight control
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:18 am

Put a bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce and 2 goose breasts in a slow cooker for 8 hours. Remove the sauce , pull the breasts apart, and then add more sause for the finished product. This is my favorite for goose so far.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby Utter chaos » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:54 pm

Ok thanks yea ill probably make pulled sandwiches since it my first time i they will be much easier to not screw up
Utter chaos
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking