Frying Woodduck

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Frying Woodduck

Postby fallingducks » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:47 am

Hey, I was trying to figure out what the best way was to fry a woodduck. I don't really want to try duck and rice but if most people prefer that I will give it a shot. Any help is appreciated. :bow:
fallingducks
hunter

Re: Frying Woodduck

Postby johnmoses » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:00 am

Cut it in strips against the grain coat with seasoned flour and fry in oil or bacon grease. Don't over cook it

Good luck and God Bless

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
johnmoses
hunter

Postby apexhunter » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:52 am

Another option is to take the breast meat off the bone whole (like a skinless split chicken breast) and season with salt & pepper. In a fry pan melt 1 stick of butter on medium-high heat, stir in some chopped shallots and sliced baby portabella mushroom caps & add breast meat to pan sautee. Cook to desired doneness and remove duck & add a small dab of cream to the pan for a sauce and pour it over a bowl of cooked orzo as a side.
"Shoot low boys...they're riding shetland ponies in search of true grit" Lewis Grizzard
apexhunter
hunter

Postby 1Luckytiger » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:36 am

Marinate strips in mustard over night. Shake off excess mustard, pepper and flour strips, lightly brown in cooking oil. Be prepared to wear condom as it will be orgasmic to your taste buds!! :thumbsup: :biggrin:
1Luckytiger
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking