Duck Hunting Forum banner

easy recipes?

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Highstrung 
#1 ·
Hi i was wanting to hear some of your guys easy but delicious duck recipes. Ive got a lot of duck breast to cook up and want to try some different things with them. If you guys dont want to post your recipe on the forum, just shoot me a P.M.

#4 ·
I cooked up some mergansers and sea ducks last night (not the best tasting duck). I have to say the way I prepared left none for a second meal. My wife is particular about eating duck and she loved it!

Cajun Fryed Duck Breast:

6-8 duck breast
A1 Garlic and Herb marinade (need oil, H2O, and Vingar)
2 Egg
Duck Commander seasoning or Tony's seasoning
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Salt/Pepper
hot sauce
Flour
OIL
First pound the duck breast and cut breast into 4-6 slices each. Prepare the A1 marinade occuring to packet instructions and Marinate duck breast for 6-8 hours or over night. When that is finished prep the 2 cups of flower. Added 2 TBS of garlic powder, 2 TBS of onion powder, 2 TBS of Duck Commander seasoning (what you have). Salt and pepper to taste. Take the eggs and make a wash. Add about a tsp of hot sauce. Heat your oil t 350 approx. Passes your marinated duck in the egg, then flower (shake off excess). Fry until dark golden brown (about 5-6 min).

Enjoy. You will thank me later.

#5 ·
Here is my easy yet great recipe. I am mainly shooting Mallards but it has worked great so far.

Ingredients:

Duck Breast (as many as you can eat)
Lawry's Caribbean Jerk marinade (enough to just cover the meat)
Jalapeno peppers (optional)
Bacon

So I cut up the duck breast into bite sized chunks and put them in a bowl. Pour the marinade over it until it is covered completely. The bottle says it is a 30 min. marinade but I usually let it set in the fridge for an hour. I will then put a slice of jalapeno, if you like a little spice, on each chunk and wrap it in the bacon and put in on a skewer. I then grill each skewer till the bacon is as done as you like it. I am a charcoal user and it comes out great.

(BTW I also used this on squirrel and dove. But that is for a different forum I guess.)

#6 ·
bryons said:
Here is my easy yet great recipe. I am mainly shooting Mallards but it has worked great so far.

Ingredients:

Duck Breast (as many as you can eat)
Lawry's Caribbean Jerk marinade (enough to just cover the meat)
Jalapeno peppers (optional)
Bacon

So I cut up the duck breast into bite sized chunks and put them in a bowl. Pour the marinade over it until it is covered completely. The bottle says it is a 30 min. marinade but I usually let it set in the fridge for an hour. I will then put a slice of jalapeno, if you like a little spice, on each chunk and wrap it in the bacon and put in on a skewer. I then grill each skewer till the bacon is as done as you like it. I am a charcoal user and it comes out great.

(BTW I also used this on squirrel and dove. But that is for a different forum I guess.)
+ cream cheese or cheddar works well

#7 ·
wrap them in bacon, cook them low to redure the bacon so its crispy and that the duck cooks evenly with the bacon. to high and the bacon will burn before the duck is done.

warm up some jelly or reduce some nalsamic vinegar with some sugar and top it with that.

#10 ·
Wrek EM said:
I prefer the grill or crockpot... no skill required for either. Crockpot- you can throw in a can of cream of chicken and when it's done, throw some BBQ sauce on it and put the duck in a sandwich.
X2
There is no doubt that the crock or BBQ is really the best way. Everything else I've tried just toughens the meat too much.
I have also found that hitting it with the mallet is a must.. just once a few taps to break it down...highly acidic marinades are really good too.
I let one sit in Coke overnight once with BBQ sauce and tobasco...WOW..try that.
Or root beer even better. Root beer some goose then BBQ...

Cut it thin and put it on italian bread with lettuce and tomato like a steak sandwich

#11 ·
I normally don't do entirely too much with bacon on ducks. And yes I do like bacon. This was an easy bacon vinaigrette, warm, on with some Wood ducks, arugula, and goat cheese. Dressing - bacon, mustard, honey, and red wine vinegar.

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt122/Highstrung_photo/087.jpg?t=1358446583

[urlhttp://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt122/Highstrung_photo/092.jpg?t=1358446763][/url]

[urlhttp://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt122/Highstrung_photo/096.jpg?t=1358446672][/url]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.