Duck Fajitas

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Duck Fajitas

Postby semohunter » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:57 pm

To start out, im a college kid so i save all of my ducks and geese for my spring semester to live off of over buying steaks, and other stuff to cook just to help save some money out of my pocket... Well today i decided for lunch i wanted fajitas, didnt have a clue how it was going to turn out..seeing as im a person that just throws stuff together and hopes it tastes good. but if anyone has an interest in trying this heres the recipe..

4 large duck breasts( i used 4 mallards)
soak in salt water overnight
once soaked cut into 1/4 inch strips
cook breast strips in skillet until done
acquire Taco Bell Fajita seasoning and follow directions on package
once seasoning insturctions are follwed:
Add to skillet:
1/2-1 full chopped green peper, and red pepper(i say 1/2-1 full pepper because it depends on how much you like)
1/2 chopped onion
1/2 tomato( this is only if you like them)
pre-chopped jalapenos(because i didnt have access to fresh)to taste
Allow to simmer on a meduim heat for 5-10 miutes to slightly soften the onions and peppers
Serve on white toritlla shells with side of rice and/or refried beans and chips. And your favorite beer...Busch or Busch light prefered on my end.
Well Hope yall like i thought it was a very tasty throw together meal...
semohunter
hunter

Re: Duck Fajitas

Postby waterfowler9 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:38 am

I have made something similar with pheasants and turned out good. Less grocery store meat = more beer money. :thumbsup:
waterfowler9
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking