crock pot duck

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

crock pot duck

Postby Elvis Kiwi » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:43 pm

here is our favourite way to cook our ducks either 2 mallards or 1 larger duck work fine it all depends on how big your crockpot/slow cooker is.
night 1 cook up some corned beef/silverside in your crockpot making sure to leave the watery juices in pot. take your birds from the freezer after doing the dishes for the lady of the house (hereafter known as SWMBO...she who must be obeyed) and place birds into the juice in pot adding more water to partially cover birds. put lid on and leave on bench overnight. next morning on your way out the door to work just flick the switch onto low setting and let it simmer away all day. by the time you get home from work and the veges are done you will have to get birds out with holey spoon used to serve veges and maybe the tongs to help as the flesh will be falling off the bones.... delishemo...
now if you happen to have one of those rare breed of SWMBO who cant stand the smell of duck cooking in the house, dont dispare this works better and sure is cheaper than trading her in on another model...just put the crockpot outside with a power cord out the window. aslong as the dog/cat...maybe bears for you lot!!! isnt able to knock it over all will be fine. you get your cooked birds and SWMBO gets odour free house...just dont forget to clean up afterwards.
Elvis Kiwi
hunter

Re: crock pot duck

Postby beretta24 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:52 am

Were you a little excited typing that? I think you left out when you add "veges" or what kind. What's a "holey" spoon???

Not trying to be an *** but I had a hard time following your post.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Elvis Kiwi » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:22 pm

a holey spoon is a large serving spoon with holes in it. used for dishing veges.
we cook our veges separately to our meat. SWMBO doesnt eat duck so I cook her something different to have while the kids and I scoff the duck. normally our veges would be potatoes with peas carrots and corn.
Elvis Kiwi
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:57 pm

10-4
beretta24
State Moderator

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking