how far in advance can I prep the famous duck popper?

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

how far in advance can I prep the famous duck popper?

Postby Omaha Clucker » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:19 am

Making a batch for some friends tomorrow night, but to save time once I get to the cabin I wanted to do as much prep as possible tonight. I've sliced the peppers and pineapple for those that fear jalapeno, soaked the breasts whole for a day, then sliced last night and soaked overnight in new water. I usually marinate in a little italian dressing for a few hours and then wrap up and grill. The meat is marinating in the fridge now, if I get home tonight, assemble, and put in the fridge in a covered foil pan, do you think they'll be ok 24 hours later, or will the bacon and/or duck dry out? Worst case, I"ll bag everything and assemble and grill once I'm there but I'd really rather park, drop a pan on the grill and plop myself on a raft
Omaha Clucker
hunter

Re: how far in advance can I prep the famous duck popper?

Postby Omaha Clucker » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:57 am

Well in case anyone else was wondering, they didn't dry out. Assembled Tuesday night and they went on the grill about midnight Wednesday. I liked the pineapple a lot more than I thought I would too
Omaha Clucker
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking