What to do with a boar

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

What to do with a boar

Postby MichaelT » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:52 pm

A buddy of mine gave me a front quarter of a hog he shot yesterday. I've never cooked a boar before. How do y'all cook yours? Thanks -Mike
MichaelT
hunter

Re: What to do with a boar

Postby Elvis Kiwi » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:45 am

slow roast in the oven and make sure to have heaps of apple sauce (like filling for apple pie) to serve with it.
Elvis Kiwi
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:05 am

The one I shot was so tough the only way I found to make it edible was to make chili verde out of it. Throw the meat in a crock pot with a bottle of green sauce and let it go all day.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:28 am

Cut a good size chuck off the Pig and soak it in Milk , then Red wine , Orange juice , wash it with cold water , dry it with
your shop rags , pour on your favorite Bar B Que sauce and throw it on the white hot grill for 1 hr on each side , when it starts
to look like it's burnt clear through , take it off the grill chip around it until you find a spot that's well done , cut a small pcs
and try to chew it , now think about how it tastes , think some-more , while thinking about ,does it taste ok ? Now spit it out
on the ground to the dog , when he picks it up is his eyes closed ? Watch him closely , if he swallowed it and turned around and
licked his ass to get the taste out of his mouth , it probably wasn't fit to eat ?

3200 man
hunter

Postby MichaelT » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:06 am

clampdaddy wrote:The one I shot was so tough the only way I found to make it edible was to make chili verde out of it. Throw the meat in a crock pot with a bottle of green sauce and let it go all day.

Yes! This is what I will do Sunday. I love me some food of the Mexicans!
MichaelT
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:06 am

MichaelT wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:The one I shot was so tough the only way I found to make it edible was to make chili verde out of it. Throw the meat in a crock pot with a bottle of green sauce and let it go all day.

Yes! This is what I will do Sunday. I love me some food of the Mexicans!

I forgot, toss in a big cut up onion and a few of whatever kind of peppers you like. And if the green sause you use doesn't taste mesicany enough, a little cummin will fix it up.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:48 am

If you leave that Boar out in the sun , long enough , you will have all the Green Sauce you want !

That's why , I like pigs feet , in a jar !
3200 man
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:54 pm

Pork rub, smoke for 3-4 hours or longer around 250 and make sure those chips are moist or logs whatever you use or have available. I like to have some apple juice for the liquid with the chips.
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby MichaelT » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:38 pm

Oh boy! Made some chile verse and it was scrumptious! About 2# chunked pork browned in pan with a large diced onion and 6 cloves garlic, 2 16oz jars Harris teeter brand green salsa, a can if chicken broth, 2 tablespoons oregano, and a couple cloves. Put it all in the crockpot about 9 this morning and just got off the water and feasted on it with rice and tortillas. Good call clamp!
MichaelT
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:31 pm

Boar Ragu is awesome if you have any boar left... :thumbsup:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Duck Diver » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:12 am

3200 man wrote:Cut a good size chuck off the Pig and soak it in Milk , then Red wine , Orange juice , wash it with cold water , dry it with
your shop rags , pour on your favorite Bar B Que sauce and throw it on the white hot grill for 1 hr on each side , when it starts
to look like it's burnt clear through , take it off the grill chip around it until you find a spot that's well done , cut a small pcs
and try to chew it , now think about how it tastes , think some-more , while thinking about ,does it taste ok ? Now spit it out
on the ground to the dog , when he picks it up is his eyes closed ? Watch him closely , if he swallowed it and turned around and
licked his ass to get the taste out of his mouth , it probably wasn't fit to eat ?

This made me laugh...
Duck Diver
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking