how to cook ringneck

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Re: how to cook ringneck

Postby aclumpkin » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:12 pm

duckhunter10610 wrote:
aclumpkin wrote:I have been hunting for many years but have only started really getting into cooking over the last two. I always soak the ducks and geese in salt water for a day or two but I have never heard of using milk. Why milk and does it matter what kind?

I normally still marinade the breasts in other sauces like teriyaki / garlic / beer marinades before grilling or cooking. Is the milk instead of that or would you still use other marinades after the milk?

Yea any milk works and yea I still do marinades after the milk for extra flavor. It helps alot with taking the gamyness out of the birds. Hope this helps :smile:

It does help... thanks guys!

So so you would do salt water, then milk, then marinade? All three?
When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid.
aclumpkin
hunter

Postby duckhunter10610 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:30 pm

aclumpkin wrote:
duckhunter10610 wrote:
aclumpkin wrote:I have been hunting for many years but have only started really getting into cooking over the last two. I always soak the ducks and geese in salt water for a day or two but I have never heard of using milk. Why milk and does it matter what kind?

I normally still marinade the breasts in other sauces like teriyaki / garlic / beer marinades before grilling or cooking. Is the milk instead of that or would you still use other marinades after the milk?

Yea any milk works and yea I still do marinades after the milk for extra flavor. It helps alot with taking the gamyness out of the birds. Hope this helps :smile:

It does help... thanks guys!

So so you would do salt water, then milk, then marinade? All three?

Yep. You don't have To marinade but I always do for more taste.
God Bless
duckhunter10610
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:22 am

I have used brines as well as marinades. Both work very well on ringneck.

They are one of the better eating ducks and are fun to hunt as well.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Previous

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking