Incredible, and only 4 ingredients

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Incredible, and only 4 ingredients

Postby E. IA duckhunter » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:08 pm

Saw an episode of Paula Deen's cooking show where she made these "Sweet Chicken Bacon Wraps" appetizers using chicken, and immediately thought of using duck instead.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes ... src=search

So I made some just now, and they are INCREDIBLE. Duck (mallard and ringneck) came out juicy and tender, even after cooking long enough to get the bacon crisp... about 35 minutes. Frankly, I think duck works better for this recipe, since the duck/bacon combo seems like such a natural (I know a lot of guys wrap duck breasts in bacon when grilling them).

This is my new favorite recipe-- takes no time at all to prepare, and tastes delicious.

By the way, based on some comments I read here, I tried brining, and I think that also made a difference. I soaked the breasts in brine for a couple hours, dumped the brine and rinsed. Repeated 3-4 times over a 24 hour period. Gave them one last rinse before cooking them.

Hope you like them as much as I do!
E. IA duckhunter
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking