Duck Hunting Forum banner

Pulled Goose BBQ

16K views 27 replies 20 participants last post by  VT_Diver-Junkie 
#1 ·
Take as many goose breasts as you like. Cut into 1/4 or 1/2 inch slices across the breast (check for shot).

Throw the sliced goose into a crock pot cover with apple cider (not apple cider vinegar). Put as much apple cider until it covers the meat. The add brown sugar on top not a lot.

Let cook on low for 7 to 9 hours in a crock pot. Then when done drain liquid completely. Add you're favorite bbq sauce. I make my own I take any bbq sauce and add liquid smoke and brown sugar and crushed red peper flakes.

Take two forks and shred meat like a pulled pork recipe would tell you to do.

Combine BBQ sauce and shredded goose meat put in crock pot for 15 minutes and then get you're favorite roll and put a big helping of that meat on the roll and enjoy.

I found this recipe on the internet and loved so I thought I would share it to you guys.

Tell what you think if you have any questions please post them.

See less See more
#2 ·
thats one I will definately have to try this weekend. Our goose season finally opens back up and BBQing em sounds great. Thanks!! :thumbsup:

#18 ·
I keep going back to this recipe now that early goose came in. I have changed it up a little twice now and both way have turned out great. The first was that I did not have any apple cider and just used a bunch of apples. I threw in a Belgian Triple and a few spices. It was nice.

The second came out much better, and I am sure much like the original posted receipe. I used apple cider, and of course threw in a very nice Belgian triple once again. I put the goose breasts in a throw away aluminium pan and put it on a charcol grill. I put hickory chips on the coals and cooked it it heavily for about 90 minutes. You will have to keep turning the breasts and keep adding the apple cider & beer mixure. After it was cooked I sliced the breasts, you could pull it if you want. I served right away and had 3 different kinds of barbeque sauce. As a side note, I also did a pork loin, beef roast, and a whole chiken the same way that day. I can only say that this was some of the best barbeque that I have ever made.

#20 ·
This is a great recipe and have used it for years. Another take is to cut up breasts, put in crock pot, add 1/2 can of beer, ( drink other 1/2) add package of dry Italian dressing, couple of onions, can of cream of mushroom soup, a can of cream of celery soup and any of your favorite spices. I always use garlic and sorta free lance from the spice rack. Put lid on and let er cook all day. Put on hard roll and taste alot like roast beef. I like to put on a plate of rice too. Very little liver taste.

#21 ·
I had to see this today, after we threw goose in the crockpot the other day for the same reason. It turned out ok, but this sounds awesome!

#24 ·
There is nothing like having your wife tell you to 'go out and get more geese'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the recipe. We all loved it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.