Green wing teal

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Green wing teal

Postby Blindluck15 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:24 am

I'm looking for a recipe for green wing teal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Blindluck15
hunter

Re: Green wing teal

Postby thedeadone » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:12 pm

Filet breast and than quarter them. Than
Do the hot pepper bacon wrap meathod.
BBQ untill bacon is crispy. Delicious
thedeadone
hunter

Postby mallardman2256 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:18 am

IMO green wingers are the best ones to fry. Perfect size and so tender. Soak them in buttermilk for a night. Pull out of buttermilk, dip in egg, roll in flour ( Tonys in the flour), toss it in the skillet on medium heat with some peanut oil. Cook till golden brown. Absolute perfection. Try adding flour to a little of the leftover oil and make a gravy if you really want to too it off. Serve over rice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
<only two kinds of people don't have beards, boys and women,....and I am neither>
<the way i see it is the Lord only blesses you with so many sunrises and sunsets and i want to catch as many as i can>
mallardman2256
hunter

Postby talltimber » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:39 am

Try Indas Duck Parmesan. Awesome. And those teal, or wood ducks, are perfect for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
talltimber
hunter

Postby billybob123 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:12 am

I cook some and if you were blindfolded you would swear you were eating filet mignon. Here is what I do.
1) fillet the breast out and soak it in salt water for 2 days in your fridge prior to cooking. Change the water once
2) take each breast, rinse them off and pat somewhat dry
3) season with a little salt and pepper, a little bit of Tony's seasoning and montreal steak seasoning
4) put about 2 tablespoons of butter and two tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan and heat it up on medium high
5) cook each breast for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes per side, depending on how you like it done. Let it set for about 3-4 minutes before eating.

You will swear you're eating the best filet mignon you've ever eaten.
billybob123
hunter

Postby Netstar1 » Sat May 31, 2014 7:46 am

Mallardman, tried your teal recipe and its a WINNER! :clapping:
Netstar1
hunter

Postby duckdogID » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:16 pm

I have 2 ways i love to do teal :) first is my play on the classic Bacon wraps

With all my Game birds I First Salt water brine them(i like to add fresh garlic, Onion, Picked Jalapeños/and pickling water) I switch my brine out once a day for 3 days before i cook with it.

I like to do the bacon wraps when i have a pile of Teal so about (10-15 breast) I like to cut the breast in half down the middle and then cut the halves in 3 pieces...I throw them in a bowl with Worcestershire sauce( alot), Tabasco sauce, A1 let it sit for about 2 hours.... During that time i cut all my bacon down the middle( i buy some of the cheaper hickory you dont want it thick cut) get Picked Jalapeños and water chestnuts.... take a half of bacon,lay a water chest nut, duck piece, and Jalapeños...Roll it up and put a tooth pick threw the middle...put them on a foil covered cookie sheet cook on 350 till bacon is done orrrr even better run them threw the smoker :love:

OK so Second is Roasting them like a game hen

I like to rub 4 down with Worcestershire sauce then season them ( pepper, season salt, Old bay, Famous daves) I chop up some Carrots, Potatoes, Garlic and Onions and put them in a deep cooking dish that will hold all the 4 birds... I like a Sausage Stuffing( you can use as you like) stuff the birds put them on top of the Veggies...I pour 1 1/2 can of Chicken stock in the pan and Bake the birds at 350 for 2-3 house baisting with the stock :)
"The meat dont fry if the lead dont fly" "God only gives us so many sunrises. I don't see any need to miss one of 'em."
:sniper:
duckdogID
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking