Family Feast Soon need Ideas

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Family Feast Soon need Ideas

Postby Dr Swane » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:53 pm

Hello all. I will be having family over in a few weeks for a "game feast". Most ideas that I've seen for duck are served as apps with bacon/glaze or as a chili soup. I'm not opposed to cooking ducks in this manner, but I want to try out other ways to cook em. I Only have 2 teal Breasts (what's the best way to showcase their flavor) and 2 wood duck breasts. We have about 3 1gal bags of mallard breasts between the family and a few whole duck mallards and gads. We will be pairing the duck apps or sides with fried white fish and catfish and shrimp (po boy sandwiches maybe) as well as red cabbage slaws, and a few venison dishes. I'm open to all suggestions, unique and culinary (my brother likes to try his hand at compotes and confiet etc) as well as simple and basic. I want to see if there's anything specific with cooking woodies or teal that show off their flavor more than masking it in bacon. I look forward to any suggestions.
Dr Swane
hunter

Re: Family Feast Soon need Ideas

Postby tmclaimerFL » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:10 pm

Since you are doing puddle ducks I would go for the sous vide method of cooking them and possibly an amaretto cream sauce with them or balsamic fig sauce.
Fig- viewtopic.php?f=4&t=191221&hilit=balsamic+fig

Amaretto-http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=148479&hilit=amaretto+cream
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking