best blue fish recipe

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

best blue fish recipe

Postby 919QuackerStacker » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:11 pm

get an oak board fillet the blue and place the meat side down season with salt pepper and lemon juice bake for 15 minutes at 350f once baked take it out throw the fish in the trash can and eat the board :lol:
shoot first ask questions later
919QuackerStacker
hunter

Postby willis1 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:00 pm

cut-um up and use them for shark bait!
"Ducks are wild becuase they have to be, We are wild becuase we prefer to be."
- Jack Miner
willis1
hunter

Postby Charlie » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:05 am

Now I know when I see a recipt like that either someone didn't take care of it right. Or waited to long to cook it.Blue fish are great if you bleed them and they got to be put on Ice right away.ALSO keep them on the small sizes 3-8lbs. I though so untill someone showed me this. Try it you might like it.
Charlie
hunter

Postby wackemstackem » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:56 am

Ive tried it every way possible nothing works for me.All the blues i catch are shark bait.
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster

Postby backcast » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:43 am

Just saw this post. I rarely keep bluefish, but when I do, 90% go to the smoker. BUT give this a try. It's great for fish like blues, spanish and magic on triggerfish.
Let it soak in Gulden's Spicy brown mustard overnight and fry em up.
backcast
hunter

Postby OneShot » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:48 am

A tinker blue 1/2-pound to 1-1/2-pound is a great eating fish as long as you get them on ice ASAP and eat them the same day. I like mine skinned and fried in House Autry Seafood Breader.
OneShot
hunter

Postby duckjumper » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:55 am

Such bluefish haters here! You North Carolina boys get them in bad shape, though - they are all skinny when they hit the beaches. We called them "racer blues" when I fished down there. The fish fatten up as they travel north and are truly fantastic BBQ fare by the time they hit Jersey.

Blues are one of THE best smoked fish there is, as Backcast says, and they are excellent grilled or broiled with salsa or citrus or tomato sauces. They are too oily to be poached or fried, and don't freeze worth a damn. But fresh out of the water? Wow. It's one of the things I miss about leaving the East: We don't have blues in California.
I love all of God's creatures, properly prepared.
duckjumper
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking