Duck Hunting Forum banner

snow goose recipe 2 die 4

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  duckjumper 
#1 ·
Everyone has been having issues with cooking snow goose. I am from asian decent and with this recipe it should cure your bad habits about not eating your kill of snow goose.

RED CURRY GOOSE

2 lbs diced bite size Snow Goose Meat
2 Cloves Garlic
1 Tablespoon mashed ginger
1 sliced shallot
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoon thai red curry
1 cup coconut milk
mix vegtables of snow peas, baby corn, and bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Lime wedges
salt to taste

In a large pan, add oil and turn burner to high. Add your goose meat, garlic, ginger, salt and shallot together and stir til the meat is cooked around. Turn burner to medium and add Curry paste and mixed vegetables. After 2 minutes, add coconut milk and let simmer for 15 minutes. Add your cilantro and green onions at last minute and then squeeze lime wedges to taste. Serve over steamed jasmine rice or brown rice.

See less See more
#2 ·
thanks. I sometimes do Kung Pao (sp?) duck or goose. also duck/goose/or pheasant stroganoff.

#3 ·
Vital_Kill, your recipe sounds very Thai - is it? Looks like a decent red curry. My only suggestion is this: Instead of dicing the goose, take the breast and slice it lengthwise into 1/4 inch cutlets. Then pound the cutlets between two pieces of wax paper until they are pretty thin. Cut the cutlets into bite sized pieces and do your recipe as you wrote it.

Why go through this trouble? You will probably not be able to tell the snow goose isn't beef, AND it will be meltingly tender...

My $0.02

d.j.

#4 ·
DJ, your idea will work for this recipe! Yes it's thai. Sorry, I meant diced the goose breast. Oh and on older tough goose, I do recommend your way of tenderizing the meat with wax paper and hammer. But I always get the dumb young goose so....hehe. There's two more ingredients that would greatly improve the taste but I left it out because it's hard to find unless you have little saigon or chinatown nearby. It's Thai Basil and ****** Lime Leaves, heck even I can't find it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.