Sauteed Shrimp with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Cream Sauce

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Sauteed Shrimp with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Cream Sauce

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:48 pm

To Cook the shrimp:
1.5 lbs. of 16-21 count fresh gulf shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 tsp. blackened redfish seasoning
1 TBSP. corn starch

mix blackening seasoning with corn starch and season peeled shrimp with it, toss well and refrigerate until needed


The Roasted Red Bell Pepper Cream Sauce:

1 large red bell peppers
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons fresh basil
1 pinch of dried thyme leaves
1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons of sherry wine (or Marsala if you prefer)
1 cup half-and-half (for best results-buy real heavy cream make your own half and half with milk)
2 tablespoons grated Romano cheese (can substitute Parmesan)
2 tablespoons butter
salt and pepper to taste
pasta for 4 (I like linguine with this, but angle hair of vermicilli will work too)


1 Preheat broiler. Lightly coat the red peppers with olive oil. Grill peppers under the broiler until the skin is blackened, and the flesh has softened slightly. Place peppers in a paper bag or resealable plastic bag to cool for approximately 45 minutes.

2 Remove the seeds and skin from the peppers (the skin should come off the peppers easily now). Cut peppers into small pieces.
3 In a skillet, cook and stir the garlic, basil, and red peppers in 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes, so that the flavors mix. deglaze pan with sherry wine
4 Place mixture in blender (careful it is hot), with pinch of thyme leaves and puree to desired consistency. Return puree to skillet, and reheat to a boil. Stir in the half-and-half and the Romano cheese; cook and stir until the cheese melts. Add the butter, and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5 In a separate skillet, heat 1/2 TBSP. Extra virgin Olive oil along with 1/2 TBSP. unsalted butter over medium high heat. add shrimp and sautee until shrimp are pink and curlly and slightly golden brown, do not over cook. Fold shrimp into cream sauce and stir in. Simmer for 5 minutes. serve over pasta with hot french bread on the side.

Image
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58777
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana


Re: Sauteed Shrimp with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Cream Sauce

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:44 pm

Few tips..
Don't burn the garlic! reduce heat to medium low if garlic is cooking too fast.

It was good... very good...and fairly easy to do too. You can buy a red bell pepper next time you fire up the grill for burgers or steaks and lightly coat the pepper and roast it while you got the grill out. Roast it until the skin is black...about 5~10 minutes, then put the pepper in a walmart bag, put it in the frig. Then cook the sauce in the next day or two. :thumbsup: that would really speed up the cooking time. It'll be done in 15~20 minutes. :thumbsup: Or, you can buy the roasted bell peppers in the jar if you don't wanna fool with roasting your own.

I roasted the pepper on the gas stove top with a pair of tongs. just be careful because the olive oil will pop and flame up.

A variation of this would be to puree 1/4 of the pepper and slice the remaining pepper into small thin strips to blend into the sauce for texture and color. This is how it was presented at the restaurant where I first sampled this dish.

Fresh basil really helps this dish, but if you must use dried, use ~1/2 TBSP...
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58777
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Sauteed Shrimp with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Cream Sauce

Postby tmclaimerFL » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:46 pm

Need to give this a whirl.
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.


Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
User avatar
tmclaimerFL
hunter
 
Posts: 6415
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:29 am
Location: Florida's Waters

Re: Sauteed Shrimp with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Cream Sauce

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:19 pm

tmclaimerFL wrote:Need to give this a whirl.

yes you do....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58777
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Sauteed Shrimp with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Cream Sauce

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:27 pm

Cooked this again tonight tmc...
turned out awesome!
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58777
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Sauteed Shrimp with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Cream Sauce

Postby tmclaimerFL » Thu May 15, 2014 12:34 pm

Cooking some burgers tonight and I'm glad I saw this because I got a red bell in the fridge. Think I may roast it while I have the flame. Already got some cream in the fridge. Just need some fresh schrimp and sherry.


Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.


Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
User avatar
tmclaimerFL
hunter
 
Posts: 6415
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:29 am
Location: Florida's Waters

Re: Sauteed Shrimp with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Cream Sauce

Postby tmclaimerFL » Sun May 18, 2014 4:00 pm

Finally made it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400450411.117215.jpg



Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.


Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
User avatar
tmclaimerFL
hunter
 
Posts: 6415
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:29 am
Location: Florida's Waters

Re: Sauteed Shrimp with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Cream Sauce

Postby Indaswamp » Sun May 18, 2014 9:43 pm

tmclaimerFL wrote:Finally made it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400450411.117215.jpg



Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software

and?
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58777
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Sauteed Shrimp with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Cream Sauce

Postby tmclaimerFL » Mon May 19, 2014 5:31 am

Indaswamp wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:Finally made it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400450411.117215.jpg



Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software

and?

Fiancé loved it. I enjoyed it as well. She said it's probably her favorite next amaretto.


Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.


Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
User avatar
tmclaimerFL
hunter
 
Posts: 6415
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:29 am
Location: Florida's Waters

Re: Sauteed Shrimp with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Cream Sauce

Postby Indaswamp » Mon May 19, 2014 4:34 pm

tmclaimerFL wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:Finally made it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400450411.117215.jpg



Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software

and?

Fiancé loved it. I enjoyed it as well. She said it's probably her favorite next amaretto.


Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software

fairly easy to put together too once the pepper is roasted. And that is easy if you roast one while grilling hamburgers or steaks.... :thumbsup:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58777
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Sauteed Shrimp with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Cream Sauce

Postby possumfoot » Mon May 19, 2014 9:48 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:Finally made it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400450411.117215.jpg



Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software

and?

Fiancé loved it. I enjoyed it as well. She said it's probably her favorite next amaretto.


Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software

fairly easy to put together too once the pepper is roasted. And that is easy if you roast one while grilling hamburgers or steaks.... :thumbsup:



what is the amaretto??
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.


pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
User avatar
possumfoot
hunter
 
Posts: 5810
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:13 pm
Location: making sesbania my bitch

Re: Sauteed Shrimp with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Cream Sauce

Postby Indaswamp » Mon May 19, 2014 9:51 pm

possumfoot wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:Finally made it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400450411.117215.jpg



Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software

and?

Fiancé loved it. I enjoyed it as well. She said it's probably her favorite next amaretto.


Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software

fairly easy to put together too once the pepper is roasted. And that is easy if you roast one while grilling hamburgers or steaks.... :thumbsup:



what is the amaretto??

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=148537&p=1184195
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58777
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Sauteed Shrimp with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Cream Sauce

Postby possumfoot » Mon May 19, 2014 10:14 pm

would something like tony's work for the seasoning?? or maybe slap yo mamma??
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.


pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
User avatar
possumfoot
hunter
 
Posts: 5810
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:13 pm
Location: making sesbania my bitch

Re: Sauteed Shrimp with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Cream Sauce

Postby Indaswamp » Mon May 19, 2014 10:18 pm

possumfoot wrote:would something like tony's work for the seasoning?? or maybe slap yo mamma??


for the amaretto of the roasted red pepper?
either would work, but go very light with it and add the suggested herbs. light dusting of each...coriander is a strong spice. thyme is medium to light spice....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58777
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Sauteed Shrimp with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Cream Sauce

Postby possumfoot » Mon May 19, 2014 10:50 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
possumfoot wrote:would something like tony's work for the seasoning?? or maybe slap yo mamma??


for the amaretto of the roasted red pepper?
either would work, but go very light with it and add the suggested herbs. light dusting of each...coriander is a strong spice. thyme is medium to light spice....



for the amaretto. think i will do it with speck.. butterfly and soak a couple hours in orange juice.. depends on how much blood is in it.. may soak it in italian dressing for an hour or so if it is cleaner.. what are your thoughts??
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.


pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
User avatar
possumfoot
hunter
 
Posts: 5810
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:13 pm
Location: making sesbania my bitch

Re: Sauteed Shrimp with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Cream Sauce

Postby Indaswamp » Tue May 20, 2014 12:30 pm

possumfoot wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
possumfoot wrote:would something like tony's work for the seasoning?? or maybe slap yo mamma??


for the amaretto of the roasted red pepper?
either would work, but go very light with it and add the suggested herbs. light dusting of each...coriander is a strong spice. thyme is medium to light spice....



for the amaretto. think i will do it with speck.. butterfly and soak a couple hours in orange juice.. depends on how much blood is in it.. may soak it in italian dressing for an hour or so if it is cleaner.. what are your thoughts??

I do not recommend soaking them in orange juice or italian dressing prior to making this dish. if you wanna pull the blood out, coat the heck out them with salt for an hour of so, them rinse off and season them up, put them in the frig to marinate for a little while prior to cooking.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58777
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana


Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests