Seared duck recipes

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Seared duck recipes

Postby Tryingtaxi » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:59 pm

I marinated some duck in Italian and mojo seared and seasoned with Tonys,garlic,salt,pepper,and little butter pretty good what's your recipe for seared duck. :beer:
Tryingtaxi
hunter

Seared duck recipes

Postby nmbrinkman » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:15 pm

Not seared but deep fried duck strips that were marinated in Italian dressing and battered in garlic salt, water+flour is pretty darn good. Dipped in fry sauce (mayo+ketchup) is icing on the cake.
nmbrinkman
hunter

Re: Seared duck recipes

Postby FowlWifey » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:18 pm

Yum! Thanks for sharing!
FowlWifey
Newb

Postby duckdogID » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:29 pm

I love to do this with Late season fat Mallards:) With all my Game birds I First Salt water brine them(i like to add fresh garlic, Onion, Picked JalapeƱos/and pickling water) I switch my brine out once a day for 3 days before i cook with it.

I like to use 5-6 Breast pat dry seasoned( Pepper, Season Salt, Famous Daves) Sear them on both sides in a pan of a little bacon grease( dont let the grease burn or it will ruin the taste) Put all the breast back in the same pan( grease and all) pour about a cup of Chicken Stock and a full beer( i like miller HL) throw some Fresh Garlic, Onions cut thin, Picked JalapeƱos and quite a bit of Worcestershire sauce and keep it at a rolling simmer and let it reduce :) it will turn into a amazing sauce and make the Mallard fork tender
Attachments
beer braised mallard.jpg
"The meat dont fry if the lead dont fly" "God only gives us so many sunrises. I don't see any need to miss one of 'em."
:sniper:
duckdogID
hunter

Postby agengo02 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:31 am

I like to do a sous vide (crock pot on low, ducks in freezer bag with marinade, keep water temp around 135* for about 45 min) and then sear about 15 seconds per side in a hot pan with duck fat and bacon grease. Best way I've found to make em.

:beer:
agengo02
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking