duck/goose boudin

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

duck/goose boudin

Postby goosehappy » Thu May 08, 2014 2:12 pm

My last batch of boudin turned out pretty good, and I did it a little different than most so I thought I'd share. I used several shoveller breasts, and about one canada goose breast for the meat, plus a few mallard livers, or maybe they were wood ducks, I don't know. I don't like to boil waterfowl unless it is in a gumbo, so I rubbed Cajun seasoning on the ducks and the steaked out goose breast and grilled them for about 20 minutes til they were just done. Meanwhile chop up one big onion, one green pepper, one stick of celery, a few cloves of garlic, and boiled them in a couple of cups of broth with your seasoning bay leaf, thyme, oregano, pepper whatever you like( I like thyme plus cayenne, some black pepper), til they were tender and the broth was reduced a bit. Cook enough rice to make it equal to the meat. Grind the meat on coarse, and mix with the cooked vegetables, enough broth to wet the mix, about a cup each of chopped parsley and green onions, and your rice. ( I like 50-50 rice and meat) Add salt and more seasoning to taste, mix well and stuff it into casings. After I stuff my boudin, I throw it on the grill/smoker and let it get nice and browned and smokey.
trapped in the polar vortex
goosehappy
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking