Blackened Redfish Alfredo

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Blackened Redfish Alfredo

Postby waterdogds » Wed May 21, 2014 8:54 pm

Redfish fillets skinless and rib bones trimmed out (personal preference)
Alfredo Sauce------Homemade or store bought
Blackened Seasoning------Easy to make your own without salt. Many that are sold in stores are loaded with salt.
Linguine Pasta
Fresh Tomatoes and Parsley
Fresh Mushrooms------sauteed lightly in olive oil.

I start with a light sea salt followed by a good coat of blackened seasoning on both sides of each fillet. Leave them out on the counter while I start my water for the pasta and pre heat the flat top.

I make my own alfredo sauce using half and half, roasted garlic, grated parmesan and parsley. I make it ahead of time, it requires constant stirring to keep from scorching and burning. I simply add blackened season to the alfredo sauce to the desired level of heat.

Put the fillets down on a little oil and let cook about 5-7 minutes per side depending on thickness of fillets.

Toss cooked pasta in together with the blackened alfredo sauce and fresh parsley. The hot pasta will heat up the alfredo, so no need to heat. Add sauteed mushrooms to pasta. Plate it up, top it off with shredded parmesan, more parsley, blackened fillet, fresh tomato chunks all over.

This really isn't anything special or hard to make. You can also use any fish you'd like. Hope some of you try it. :thumbsup:
Attachments
IMAG0606-1.jpg
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Re: Blackened Redfish Alfredo

Postby tknight006 » Tue May 27, 2014 7:43 pm

Made my mouth water.

Finishing Jon boat mods this week then I'm gonna have to head out and get me a few reds.

Trey
Prostaff application pending
tknight006
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking