You Have To Try These Wings

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

You Have To Try These Wings

Postby Swamp Puppy » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:00 pm

This isn't my recipe, but since it was posted in another forum, i don't feel bad about re-posting it here. i've made these a few times and simply can't get enough of them.

1 Cup Catalina style salad dressing
3 Tablespoons Honey
4 Tablespoons Tabasco sauce (or similar)
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 or 3 tablespoons minced garlic (garlic powder works if that's what ya have)
1 Tablespoon melted butter
1 Tablespoon crushed red pepper

put your wings on a cookie sheet or large baking dish..dash some cajun style seasoning on them if you have it. pop them in the oven at 325 for about 5 minutes to "pre bake" them.

remove from oven and brush sauce on wings. return to the oven and cook for 5 minutes. turn wings over and brush more sauce on.

repeat the turning and basting every 5 minutes until wings are done. (should take about 25-30 minutes) try to baste them with some drippings as the cooking continues. the more basiting the better..you want to create a nice thick coat of cooked on sauce.

before removing..broil for a minute or 2..you'll see the wings start to bubble under the broiler. then remove. this "cures" the sauce on the wings.

fill up a bowl with blue cheese for dipping and crack open a cold refreshment. don't forget a roll of paper towels and another bowl for the bones.

enjoy!!

ps - these wings are NOT hot. you can add more tabasco or other pepper to the recipe if you like them hotter.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Mon May 02, 2005 4:23 pm

Sounds good Swamp, thanks for sharing it.
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ks_waterfowler » Mon May 02, 2005 4:51 pm

any cajun seasoning you recommend?
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Wed May 04, 2005 12:05 pm

no, not really. i ran out of seasoning the last time i made them and actually didn't notice much of a difference with or without it.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking