wild hog recipes

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

wild hog recipes

Postby Hilltopflyway » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:13 am

I loined it out and I boned out the hams, I am looking for recipes, who can help me? Jalapeño and cheese breakfast sausage is my goal, but I will take anything else. :thumbsup:
Casey McDowell
Hilltopflyway
hunter

Postby brassass » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:25 am

get some good hickory first, soak it (logs not chips)

if the meat isn't tender, now would be the best time to tenderize it

marinate the meat for at least 12 hours in some time of italian dressing marinade, use your imagination. it will taste good

smoke then meat for over 8 hours, not over flame but preferably use a smoke box

the meat will have a nice smoked outside and a good and tender juicy inside, some like the BBQ sauce, i just like it with a little salt.

I have good several whole hogs and quartered up hogs this past year and years before using this same recipe
brassass
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Takem23 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:28 pm

you'll like this. Take some chops, dip them in flour, sear them in a pan with a little oil, drain any fat, pour in a can of diced tomatoes, a little water if needed, sliced onion, garlic, cracked pepper, salt if needed, red peper flakes and a little soy sauce. Let it simmer on low for 30-45 minutes and flip over once during that time. The soy sauce may seem out of place but I got the recipe of a soy sauce bottle and it works. serve over rice.
Takem23
Membership permanently suspended

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking