gads??

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

gads??

Postby wingshooter2009 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:39 am

anyone have any good recipes?
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; Genisus 27:3

"Duck Hunting Is like a Box of Chocolates... You Never Know What You're Gonna Get!"
wingshooter2009
hunter

Postby duckjumper » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:02 am

Gadwall eat just like any other duck. I have a great number of duck recipes here, for starters. If your gadwall are fat, you have no problems. If they are skinny, however, you can either lay thick bacon strips over the breast as you roast them or slip butter or duck fat under the skin of the breasts to keep them tender.

If you have breasted them out, they're no different from anything else, so you can follow some of my recipes or any of the other good ones on this forum. Enjoy!
I love all of God's creatures, properly prepared.
duckjumper
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:38 pm

If you ask me once you get past teal and wood ducks they are all about the same.
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking