Duck Jerky

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Duck Jerky

Postby matt87 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:29 am

I have heard everyone talking on this board about duck jerky, but have never eaten or made it before. Is it possible to do this with ducks ive had in the freezer for a bit, and how do you make em? recipes would be nice as well..
matt87
hunter

Postby Ducks4Coach » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:44 am

Jerky is pretty esy to do and a its also to have in the blind to munch on. Lay the breast out flat on a cutting board and fillet into 1/8" pieces (cut horizontally). Then marinade it in a bowl for a couple of hours (1-2). The meat is thin so it doesn't take long. Then lay your pieces out on the dehydrator and follow the time line for your dehydrator. Mine takes about 6 hours.

3 Tbs Soy sauce
3 Tbs Worchestershire Sauce
1 Tbs Liquid Smoke
Ketchup or BBQ sauce
Brown Sugar

Then add your spices for your own flavor. I like a sweet and spicy jerky so I add quite a bit of brown sugar and then some Montreal steak seasoning or KC seasoning. If you like it hot then add some hot seasoning.

Experiement with different spices until you find one that you really like. Enjoy.
-Coach

Going for 50!
Ducks4Coach
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking