Duck Kebabs

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Duck Kebabs

Postby Aquahallic » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:57 pm

My favorite, and served it for superbowl and everyone loved it !

Breasted duck, marinate in Salt Water and Vinegar for 4- 6 hours to get blood out.

Cut into 1" cubes, marinate in red wine, garlic, soy sauce, wishtisher ( spelling? ). I put into zip lock and over night or freeze until ready to cook.

I get bamboo kebab sticks, marinate in red wine for 30 minutes so they don't burn.

Also use Pinapple chunks and bacon. Cut bacon into 1" pieces, start with bacon, then duck, then bacon, after 2, 1 ea pinapple, then duck, bacon, then after another 2, another pineapple.

Put all onto kebab sticks, then sprinkle with garlic granules, salt and white or black pepper.

leave enough bacon strips to cover when cooking.

Heat up BBQ grill, hot, then turn down to low, wipe grill with oil so it won't stick.

Place kebabs on BBQ and cover with bacon to keep moist, do not over cook, maybe 5 minutes per side, watching hot spots on grill and rotating, to cook all evenly.

Bacon on top of kebabs go's to dogs, they love it, serve as appetizer or with rice as a full meal.

Also good cold

Enjoy !! :thumbsup:
You can't kill em from the couch

I don't get up before daylight unless I have a gun or a fishing pole in my hand
Aquahallic
hunter

Re: Duck Kebabs

Postby brassass » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:30 am

Aquahallic wrote: wishtisher ( spelling? ).

Worcestershire, is that what you use?

sounds like a good recipe
brassass
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Aquahallic » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:38 am

Yep that's the one, wrote this last night after the superbowl and a few beers !!
You can't kill em from the couch

I don't get up before daylight unless I have a gun or a fishing pole in my hand
Aquahallic
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking