So far my favorite

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

So far my favorite

Postby Rudso » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:29 pm

I like trying out different reciepes with duck and so far this is my favorite. Seasoned baked potatos with med-rare gadwall in a cream sauce with baby bella mushrooms.

A more simple reciepe is stir fryed teal with vegies.

DU
CWA
Rudso
hunter

Postby Dukmunky » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:38 pm

yum looks good :drool:
Dukmunky
hunter

Postby duck stalker » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:26 am

Rudso,

would you be willing to PM me the recipie? :shades: It looks really good and I'm looking for some good recipies!
"If you lead them, they will fall"

"Know one knows true companionship until they have owned a Lab"
duck stalker
hunter

Postby Rudso » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:28 am

duck stalker, sure... I'll just post it on here.

To prepare the ducks, I'll breast the duck, soak them in milk for two whole days and change the milk every 24 hours, than another day of soaking in water, by than the meat is light red instead of deep purple. Than I marinate the ducks in a little soy sauce, garlic, a little lemon pepper, and a leaf of rosemary. You can add what ever you like to the marinate. Let that sit in the fridge for a day or two.

I watched DU Fresh from the Field on their web site, I'll post a link below, and used their recipe but I left out a couple of things. Heat up the pan on high with some olive oil and butter for flavor towards the sauce, cook the ducks until they are rare, which takes about 20 seconds on each side, very fast. Take them out of the pan, add the mushrooms and cook them for 5 minutes on medium heat, add a little worshisters(don't know how to spell it) sauce for taste, add the heavy cream enough to cover the mushrooms and let it simmer on low heat until the sauce becomes thick.

Add the rare duck back to the pan with the mushrooms and let them warm up for 5 more minutes under low heat and they are good to be served.

For the potatoes, season them with what ever you like and some olive oil, put them on a pan and stick them in the oven under 400F. Ready in 20 to 30 minutes.

It's very easy. Just sounds harder than it really is, here is the video

http://www.ducks.org/media/Multimedia/O ... hroons.wmv

For the stir fry duck with veggies, heat the pan with some olive oil, cook the duck to rare, remove them from the pan and add the green peppers, red onion, and mushrooms and toss them around for a 5 minutes in the pan, return the ducks to warm them up for a minute and there you go.

If you want to cook some duck up for a party or friends here is a REALLY good recipe that I found to be delicious.

http://www.ducks.org/media/Multimedia/O ... rritos.wmv
DU
CWA
Rudso
hunter

Postby duckjumper » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:51 am

I like the mushroom recipe a lot. Next time you might add a teaspoon of minced fresh rosemary to the cream as it cooks, which will give you a rosemary taste in the dish to go with that pretty rosemary garnish you have on the plate.
I love all of God's creatures, properly prepared.
duckjumper
hunter

Postby duck stalker » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:23 am

Thanks Rudso!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'll give it a try!
"If you lead them, they will fall"

"Know one knows true companionship until they have owned a Lab"
duck stalker
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking