cooking geese

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

cooking geese

Postby wilson8 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:56 am

shot some canadians this weekend and i was wondering if i could cook them like i cook duck. cut them into cube's wrap in bacon and cream cheese with a slice of jalapeno and grill it. wondering if any of you guys cook it this way or if their is another way to cook em that taste better?
wilson8
hunter

Postby OneShot » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:58 am

Man, I sure am glad you got those Canadians. I grew up in Boston and we hated 'em. Of course, everyone was a Bruins fans and Montreal was our biggest rival.
If I was you, I wouldn't eat 'em at all. I'd just cut them up into small pieces and bury them under fenceposts. The cops never look under fenceposts.
OneShot
hunter

Postby Canned Heat » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:35 pm

I always was told this one: Brandied Apricot Goose

Pour 1 bottle of apricot brandy into your favorite bowl...
Prepare Canada goose to oven ready and place in pan...
Place goose out near wooded area or edge of field...
Ladle brandy into favorite chilled glass and enjoy...

Bon Appetit!
Reality is a great place....I just wouldn't want to live there.
Canned Heat
hunter

Postby Mare_Vitalis » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:28 pm

never cooked Cans but i was told you couldn't cook snows...shot some and let them bleed out for several days in a large metal bowl filled with ice, salt and about 2-4 liters of 7up (just water and ice works too). but letting them bleed out before marinating them made such a difference. i have cooked them on the grill and they were good...but the best was the first time when i threw them in with the backstrap my buddy was cooking in a balsamic vinigerette...this was the best backstrap i have ever had and they were going on and on about how amazing the "duck" was that was with it...they still dont believe me it was snow...
Mare_Vitalis
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking