I need help preparing duck

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Postby decoydog » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:28 am

The thing about this thread is this: You asked an opinion question. Now you have all the answers your ever going to need. I won't bother telling you what I do to my birds, but I will offer this advise. TRY ALL THE ABOVE. The cool thing about eating duck and goose is the fact that it is so versitile. So go ahead and smoke it, jerk it, grill it, bake it, fry it, sautee it, and deep fry it. Since your new to eating it, try doing a google search for duck recipes, or preparing duck, and so on. Your options will seem to be endless.
It's hard to pull 1 inch through 6 inches of material while doing "the dance", and looking skyward.
decoydog
hunter

Postby canadagoose » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:24 am

Here's another tasty one.

1. Slice the breasts into strips about 1/4 inch thick.
2. Put them in a bowl, fill with water, swirl around, and pour out the bloody water. Repeat until the water stops turning red.
3. Add equal quantities of oyster sauce and soy sauce to the bowl as a marinade and mix things up.
4. Drink a few beers while the meat marinates.
5. Cut up some green beans.
6. Stir fry the green beans on the hotest heat you can get for a few minutes, until they start to get tender.
7. Dump the duck meat and marinade into the beans, and continue to fry everything. Constantly stir things around to make sure you get even cooking. Be sure not to over cook the meat.

Serve next to fried rice with egg and peas in it.

I did this with a wigeon last night, and it was really good.
canadagoose
hunter

Postby toby199 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:54 pm

Nothing better than smoked duck.
toby199
hunter

Tariyaki cajun beer batter

Postby DeaDux » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:19 pm

I learned this recipe from an old timer that works that check station at the refuge i hunt and its pretty damn good!
-cut the meat into strips (the smaller the less time you gotta fryem)
-marinate with tariyaki sauce and a packett of onion soup for seasoning for a couple of days
-when your ready to cook find some sort of spicy or cajun batter and mix it up kind of thin with some beer
-next dip the pieces in some flour so the beer batter stick to them. then dip in beer batter and fry. serve with your fav. hot sauce or whatever you want
Trust me its the best way to make duck snacks ever!
Try it and let me know what you think. the teriyaki takes some of that real gamey taste out and the cajun makes it spicy. THE PERFECT MIX.
Just the good o'l boys... never meanin no harm... beat all you ever saw, been in trouble wit tha law since the day they was born...
One day the mountain might git'm but the law never will!

Kill'm N Grill'm
DeaDux
hunter

Previous

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking