What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.
Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...
1. clean geese
2. sautee goose breast in butter, white wine, and crushed garlic
3. cook thoroughly until done
4. place cooked breast in labrador's dog dish
Actually we send ours to a meat locker at the end of the season and they make slim jims out of them in jalepeno and terriaki. They are very good.
- Posts: 174
- Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:04 pm
- Location: SE Iowa
went puddler hunting this year as usual.... shot more divers than puddle ducks. typical
- Posts: 265
- Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:24 pm
- Location: the big river, MN
I went out after snows this year and we harvested about 40 birds in one day. We took ours to the same place we had our deer cut up and they made sausage out of it.
I'm tellin ya the stuff is fit for a king!!!!!!!
Conserve game hunt with a trained retriever!
- Posts: 46
- Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:19 pm
- Location: Finger Lakes Area NY
Soak goose breat in salt water for 48 hours , change water ever 12 hours
Wrap 1/2 of a young snow goose breast in bacon.
Marinade in Dale's for 4 hours.
Place on BBQ grill for 40 minutes.
Remove from grill.
Peel away bacon from breast.
Throw away breast and eat bacon.
Wait, scratch that, now the bacon ain't even good.
Throw away bacon.
Tell your buddies you sure like them snow geese.
- Posts: 204
- Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:30 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests